Saturday, March 12, 2011

La Tour Cafe

So, this long anticipated place has finally been tried and I'm so excited to blog about it because my tastebuds are being satisfied just typing about it lol This place just opened Jan 2011 by the same family that established Ba-le sandwich shop which by the way has about 25 shops across state. They are known for the french flare and artisian breads and need I LOVE a good bread :)
Its located at:
888 N. Nimitz Hwy. Suite 101 Honolulu, HI 96817 - (808) 697-5000
Open Mon-Thu,Sun 7am-9pm; Fri-Sat 7am-10pm



I decided to drag my sis-in-law along with me...which she didn't mind lol We left right after I dropped all my girls off at school so we could get there early and maybe make a few other stops. We got there no problems with parking but they were serving breakfast and lunch wouldn't start for another 20 mins. So, I figured why not order from the breakfast, lunch and dessert menus right? So thats just what we did:
The top is croque madame
which is a open face "sandwich" w/black forest ham, cheddar cheese and an over easy egg that bursts open when you pull the bread apart.....YUMMY!!!! I was savoring every bit of it and of course used my bread to soak up every drip of that yoke lol
The next was a prosciutto and egg sandwich w/cheddar and pesto sauce. Again the bread AMAZINGLY yummy, warm and baked to perfection and pesto sauce on a morning sandwich more PLEASE? lol

Lunch menu
We got a turkey and sundried tomato panini accompanied w/a salad. It was delicious!! I hate repeating myself but the bread was AMAZING again lol Everything about this sandwich was great I'd totally get it again.




We got some of these almond croissants that were so yummy and has this surprise middle that was almost like a moist cake. I was thinking flaky mess when I took my first bite and was surprised that it didn't just fall apart. This was so good too


Up next we had a flat bread pizza chicken and pesto
Nothing so crazy about this. Typical pesto pizza and chicken was rather not so exciting. The bread of course was awesome and I think the oven they had cooked it in was way cool:

Of course the most unique thing about this place is that it has macaroons and heaps of them....so we had to TRY well.....all of them lol
We started off with this sampling we got Yuzu(japanese citrus flavor) coffee, chocolate, strawberry guava, melona and mango

I liked it so much went back and ordered a dozen to take home lol If you order a dozen you get 2 more free.
And the winners were:
Coconut
Coffee
mango
chocolate

I can't wait to go to this place again and try more of their yummy sandwiches and get more macaroons lol







No comments:

Post a Comment