Sunday, March 20, 2011

JJ Bistro & French Pastry


Ok so I randomly went to this place this past week BUT, I've been wanting to go to this place for a while since I saw they served a 4 course meal for only $19.95/$24.70. Sounds like a real good deal right?? Well if you are coming to eat "sample size" meals this is the place for you. This place has laotian flare and french inspiration and well the creator is GENIUS in my eyes.

I didn't know what I wanted to eat and well I just wanted to "sample" well, anything so I asked the guy at the counter what the most popular dish was and he told me it was the Fisherman Pot Pie: Assortment of salmon, scallop, shrimp, Bamboo, Eggplant, Red bell pepper & Zucchini with green curry sauce, served on puff pastry shell. $12.95 so I got it
It was really yummy but it is TINY....If I were to rate this based on flavor I'd give it a 10 out of 10 size I'd give it a 6 out of 10



 and then I saw the display of all the desserts and I just had to try something......so I got a few things: 1st place. chocolate pyramid(they are known for this), 2nd mocha cheesecake and in 3rd a red velvet cheesecake.  Next time I'm going to try more lol
Here is a better view of the chocolate pyramid
By far one of the most unique desserts I've ever had....a MUST try for all you chocolate lovers :) One comes in a sample size for $.99 then there is a medium size for $4.95 and they have bigger ones for bday cakes but I don't know the prices on those. You have to try this!

I also got an appetizer
This was the Bake Lobster on French Bread: served with Avocado sauce and salad. $7.95. It was another TINY dish but it was yummy I'd give it a 8 out of 10.

I couldn't really dine in because I had all my kids, 2 sister-in-laws and a nephew so I ordered out but when I get the chance to go back I'm totally going to try more things :) It was a nice introduction to the restaurant and I'm glad I stumbled upon it. Its a cute place for girlfriends to get together and you almost feel like your in France w/the great ambiance they have there. The service was good I can't really complain about the place. I'll be going there again some time. Hope you enjoyed this post Happy eating yall ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment