Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Cafe Maharani

2509 S King St
HonoluluHI 96826
(808) 951-7447

So, I finally was able to come to Cafe Maharani. My brother had his bday last year and because he was away on a debate tournament for school we weren't able to go eat out with him. When he finally had time we all made time to come to this place that he wanted to go back and try. I was so excited because I heard so many good reviews about this place and with the good there is the bad and I also was a little skeptical because of the negative reviews.

If it is your first time here you'll probably park further than you should which was ME in this case lol But, after eating all that food it was worth the little work out I got walking back. Its a fairly small restaurant and so if you blink....you'll miss the place no, SERIOUSLY lol Make sure if you ever get the chance to go you turn right before Subway(which is right next door to it) and park in the back. If you miss the turn take the next right which will also lead you to the back parking if there are no stalls available than your going to have to look for a stall along the road some where.

When you walk in its nice and cozy, you can smell the aroma of the Indian spices and the fresh naan cooking in the back. There utensils are so cool looking lol
I totally wanted to take the cups home with me lol I felt like I was feasting in Egypt or something
mango lassi in the coolest cup right? lol

I know you can't tell from my empty plate but these plates were really heavy made out of some kind of hard core material that was surprisingly heavy. My brother passed it across the table to me and I swear I almost dropped it lol So keep that in mind and also I wanted to take one home 

Ok so we tried the vegetarian platter that gets a rating of 10/10
I LOVED everything about this platter...SERIOUSLY!!! I don't really remember the names of the items but they were so yummy. The one at the top that looks like a cracker tortilla was a light and crisp yet salty treat that went so well with the "indian pot pie" well thats what I call the item right under the cracker. The other item was like a Indian veggie hush puppy lol Like I said I LOVED it and would've have been happy with 2 trays and a cup of water lol

The next we had a meat platter that had chicken, beef and some kind of sausage or something I gave this a 6/10 not too crazy about the meat which I actually found a little dry and not so great tasting but worth trying if you want to taste their meat and the different spices they use. Some meats are a little spicy and well some are just plain *BLEH* spit back on your plate lol

Next we started ordering the "main event" the curry lol We first got the sea bass curry and butter chicken curry that was rated at 10/10 BOMB.COM!!!! The fish just melted in your mouth and the flavors in the curry were just unbelievable! It tasted so fresh and rich I almost felt like I was in India well besides looking up and I'd see an Indian guy here or there every 5 mins lol

Next on the curry list we had a salmon curry. Oh WOW good! I love salmon and this one was like "buttah" lol Another melt in your mouth swimming in this rich decadent Indian Ocean of delight
This last curry we got was supposedly the "kid friendly" curry. It was another seafood curry that had shrimp in it and wasn't supposed to be too spicy. This one was my FAVORITE!!! Check out how it looked like it came to our table. It was like a dreamy mushroom.....w/a nice surprise inside :) check it out as I scooped an opening to peek inside
check out that cheddar swimming at the top right under the fresh irresistible dough that EVERYONE at our table was just grabbing at trying to get a taste of the warm morsel.
See how rich and creamy that sauce is....besides the shrimp it had some veggies and sundried tomatoes in it....YUMMY! You see the rim of bread around the dish well after this pics it went gone real quick. I kept telling my family DON"T touch until I at least get one pics lol 

Next week had another appetizer
Our family loves Eggplant and so when we saw it on the menu we couldn't resist. It was good, nothing great about it but good 

We got sides like the MUST EAT: Garlic Naan
Oh man orgasmic bread for reals you'll be in flour heaven lol 20/20 above and beyond my expectations!

and Coconut rice
I normally don't like coconut flakes in anything but I heard great reviews about this rice and had to try it and boy was I happy I tried it. 10/10 for this!!


I always have a great time trying out a new restaurant. I'm so glad I found this little Gem :) When are you going to try a new restaurant?? Get out there and let your taste buds explore a little ;)

Happy Eating!!











2 comments:

  1. Giiiiirl, I LOOOOOVE indian! Actually, I love all middle eastern, greek, north african, and indian food. We taught people on my mission from there, and they cooked food for us. I can't wait to make some for Josh and I. It's actually super easy because you can mix your own spices, slow cook whatever meat you want, change up the rice, and use lots of veggies. The hardest part for me though is the bread. Whether its tortilla, naan, roti, or fry bread, I need help! Love it love it love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really?? I'd love to try and make some. Maybe I'll look it up online and I LOVE NAAN!!!!! The yummiest bread EVER! :)

    ReplyDelete