Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Ruth's Chris for Vday

So we had a $100 gift card and this is on of my husband's favorite restaurants and so we went....of course we went crazy when we ordered but who wouldn't?

This is what we got:
First off we got bread/butter and a cream cheeseball of herbs and cheese w/these crispy cracker thing that is to die for!!! I could totally eat like 3 or 4 baskets of the crackers...its seriously YUMMO!

The appetizers that we wanted to try was the:
* "Rockefeller"the one in flames lol it was a mix of oysters/onions/cheese and spinach on an oyster shell
I think the real reason why I ordered this was because it had flames and sizzled(you know 2 things important in your love life ha ha ha ha ha) It wasn't great, it was alright. Would I order it again prob just to see the flames but it was missing something. I don't know if I needed a lemon to squeeze over it, some sweetness or some kind of heat. 

*The veal osso busso ravioli:Saffron-infused pasta filled with veal osso buco and fresh mozzarella cheese. Served with sautéed baby spinach and a white wine demi-glace
I loved this one, flavorful, lots of sauce and glad I tried it


*Seared Ahi Tuna:Perfectly complemented by a spirited sauce with hints of ginger, mustard and beer 
I've tasted better, it was cold, seemed like it was sitting in the fridge and the wasabi wasn't mixed well so it was slapping me in face lol





Main Dishes- Cow Boy Ribeye steak: One of the juciest steaks I've ever tasted 
 Garlic lamb chops: Seriously had a food orgasm eating this w/the sweet potato pie SERIOUS!!! The guests next to us were totally like wth!! lol
Sides- sweet potato pie w/peacan crust:A MUST! One of the best things I've ever ate
 Spinach salad: I don't think its necessary, you came to a steak house to eat MEAT right?



vanilla Haagen daz to wipe it all down
It was creamy, so this gets a thumbs up

I know I know I know...I need to get a camera because the IPHONE is not cutting it and is not doing the food justice at all....so don't worry I'll be getting one this month :)

After eating we stopped by star bucks and got a few things ;)


Then homeward bound we went...I had a great time!

2 comments:

  1. And you look beautiful and not like you just consumed enough food to feed a little village in Africa...hahaha. I was drooling and looking at the food, it looks so yummy! And I am going to follow this blog because it makes me want to cook more, and because I want to see all the different things you eat. And I love starbucks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol What do you order at starbucks most of the time?

    ReplyDelete