Thursday, February 17, 2011

Farmers market @ Windward Mall

They have it every Wed and well today was my lucky day....well my hub had an emergency dentist apt because of a sore tooth and well he was lucky too because he wasn't charged a thing even thought we have no dental insurance lol So, while the hub was getting checked out I was perusing the food booths and Macy's HUGE sale YESSSS! It was so fun!

Here are some of the things I got to try:

There were chocolate nutella crepes, strawberry, banana and I think cinnamon. They were soooooo GOOD! We got 8 lol They add powdered sugar to it and OMG orgasmic!

The next one we went to was like a version of china town lol manapua's adobo, pork, hot dog, azuki bean you name it they had it. There was too much I couldn't fit it in my frame and there was so much people I couldn't back up enough to take a good pics so excuse the lousy pics...


I love these onion pastries....I always get them all the time. I think it might be a filipino pastry not sure

can't go wrong w/hot dogs for the kids

I wasn't full yet so I went by Ninja Sushi and got my favorite thing there:
Spicy Ahi Tuna salad:
Ok so I totally forgot to take a pics before I ate it so....this is close to the ending of my pig out session lol
The firs time I had this salad was in Mililani right next to the movie theater by Walmart and it looked more like an expensive salad and had better croutons and it was mostly spinach and the expensive dark green leafy lettuce. So to my surprise when I opened my box and saw this...??? I was like ughhhh what happened to my salad? Also the ahi wasn't even spicy it seemed like a cold ball of regular ahi...BLAH! Good thing there was a spicy dressing on the side that I poured all over lol

Next time I'm going to check with them before I order it. I really like their sushi but because I'm trying to cut back on rice....I try to get their salads obviously I'm not going to get it from windward anymore but I had to try it. After this JAHLOPYjunk  salad I washed it down with this drink I just tried today:
Some of my friends told me I had to try it. It was on sale and so I figured what the hell go for it. I personally don't like how aloe smells but I had to try it for myself since my friends swear that its good. The thing that got me was there is aloe pulp in it, you know like orange pulp in orange juice? So I took my first drink and I was actually surprised at how good it was. I'm not really a juice person but I liked it. I read the ingredient and there is only like 6 ingredients: water, aloe, cane sugar, honey, and vitamin c. The bottle is 2 servings and 1 serving is like 60 calories or something like that. Its worth a taste right? So go for it the next time you see it in the store.

Oh yeah and I forgot to mention on my way walking out I bought some of the bread/cracker I had at Ruth's Chris its called Sesame Lavosh
Its so yummy and light yet rich. Its hard to explain you just have to try it lol


Anyways that was my day of tasting :) Hope you enjoyed it as much as I did!

bye bye



2 comments:

  1. Ina, I didn't know you actually started a food blog! I'm so happy! haha. I was writing a comment on darah's blog and noticed you had a blogger profile because you left a comment too and the first thing that popped in my head was i hope she started a food blog! haha. so i'll be following =) and i gotta check out this little farmers market! have you been to the haleiwa market on sundays? i know sundays/ sabbath but we go to church in waialua so its on the way home so we always stop and get lunch but its really good! you should check it out sometime when you feel like breaking the sabbath =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol yah I started it last year but couldn't keep it up. This year I'm trying to make a difference and plus I wanna keep track of my places new and old so hopefully I'll keep it up. I have not been to the North Shore market yet but, I will. So where in Haleiwa is it exactly? I thought they had one on Saturdays at Sunset Elementary? Anyways, stay tuned to this blog I will be going to new places this year....hopefully LOTS :)

    ReplyDelete