Saturday, March 17, 2012

Nobu Waikiki

Introducing: http://www.noburestaurants.com/waikiki/experience/introduction/
Located in the beginning of Waikiki off Lewers Street near Roy's and Yard House

I don't know about you but me and my hub LOVE to try tartar especially if its good quality. So of course we asked for the BEST option and they gave it to us:

This is the Bigeye & Bluefin Toro  33
This dish was TINY in size HUGE on flavor and QUALITY!
If you have the $$ to savor the flavor SPLURGE yall its worth it ;)


Check that out! Now, for those of you who aren't familiar w/the bluefin tuna. It is one of the most expensive fish sold all over the world. In fact the most it ever got sold for was in 2001 in Japan's famous Tsukiji Fish Market for $400,000. I did feel bad after eating it again because I know how over harvested these poor creatures are but, I had to try it once.

Moving on.....This was the 2nd dish we had which is the 
Yellowtail Sashimi with Jalapeno   20 
One of the very popular dishes there and I can understand why. Everything was so GOOD! Like I mentioned before QUALITY fish! I typically won't spend this much on such a small dish but tonight it was all about QUALITY! It was great and I would highly recommend this dish to you.

This is the salmon/avocado roll. It looked tiny and nothing out of the ordinary but when we took our first bite we were AMAZED how filled they were in the inside and the flavor and QUALITY was there!

Tempura shitake mushroom
This was something nice to try....it was good but I don't think I will try it again nor say its a MUST try item.

King Crab Leg Amazu Ponzu   35 
This was AMAZINGLY great!!! It is a must try if going here!

Big eye & Bluefin toro w/scallions
Of course now we have the high quality sushi. It was really good! Quality again, lots of meet versus the rice which is always a PLUS in my opinion.  

Black Cod Saikyo Miso   30 
Very similar to the Miso butterfish which is my FAV! This was really good and I tried to get a good pics below to show how moist and flavorful it was. Highly recommended!
Spicy tuna w/big eye tuna
This was more for my hub! By this point I think I was up to *here* with fish lol I was ready for dessert
Every time I go to a new restaurant I ALWAYS ask the waiter for their opinion for the BEST/Signature dishes and then go w/what my taste buds want lol

I wanted chocolate and sine this item was their signature dish I said why not!
Bento Box   13

Flourless chocolate cake, goma tuile
and green tea ice cream


check that out! Although it has nothing on my Roy it was pretty good 
Grilled Goat Cheese Pound Cake   13

Goat cheese pound cake with black pepper ice cream,
lemon curd, raw Kiawe honey, macadamia nut liqueur foam,
seared strawberries & carmelized macadamia nuts

This was one of their popular dishes and I can totally understand why :) YUMM!


I could understand why Nobu is in the top 3 for BEST sushi/japanese restaurant on the island. If you like QUALITY sushi this is the place for you. It's Quality over Quantity here.


4 comments:

  1. WOW! All of that looks so good! And you definitely got a good pic of the black cod saikyo miso... it looks super moist! It's been almost 5 years since I've eaten there and looks like I'll have to visit them again soon! Grilled goat cheese pound cake? This made me cringe at the sound of it, but hey, it must be good if you're recommending it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This all looks amazing. I'm dying for high quality fish. This is someplace my oldest brother would go to, and I wouldn't be surprised if he has already (LA). After serving his mission in Japan, he became a complete fish/seafood snob. I just listen and learn lol. Glad I got friends with such good taste. We'll make it there someday haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want some good quality fish or maybe at the moment I don't care and I will eat any fish that comes to me... lol... One crappy thing about Utah. (I could go on) lol... Everything looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Def check them out if you want to splurge on yourself for QUALITY fish :)

    ReplyDelete